I have got all the poses finished in the animation and I have been tweaking with the timing. I have also key framed the "gravity curve" that I created so that the characters fall with the camera; and also the moment when they freeze in mid air, discovering that they are actually falling. As for the chicken bone falling, I simply parented that to the camera, as that was more difficult to animate falling and still keep in line with the two characters.
I simply used linear tangents in the Graph Editor for both the camera and the falling of the characters as this meant that the falling movement would be more even and would go faster.
I have sent this playblast to the third years to see if they like it or if any changes need to be made.
If they are satisfied with this, I will ask them to render it for me so I can include it in my showreel.